How frustrated do you feel when you give a call to the Customer Care and you end up with worst experience and I am sure you must have felt few things in a fraction of seconds, like:
- Why the hell did I called the Customer Care number.
- Why Companies don’t recruit agents who can speak well and have proper knowledge.
- And finally, most important point, why the hell I opted for this product from xyz company.
And we all have experienced this pain and are experiencing on daily basis, so what is the solution, should we stop buying the products where we end up calling their service desk for the support and help or should we go for products where we get support at our doorstep.
Main reason for companies to lose their business in today’s competitive hush and rush is because of their Product which is not put through various quality checks (as we know example of Samsung) before launching in the market and secondly, their customer care department.
Let us focus on Customer Care Support or Service Desk support people. Why are they so rude or why don’t they have knowledge of the product which they are supporting, why are we loosing focus on this important aspect of the business.
I remember in 2002-03 when there was boom in Call Centre business and culture, employees who used to work there were so passionate and enthusiastic about serving their customers and clients. Training which used to be provided after joining was at least for 2 months including shadowing period. People used to love their job and jump for competitions. I myself was part of such company where I grew from Technical Agent to Team Lead and I am sure most of you would have already lived that life. We were so focused towards customer relationship and providing the best support. Customer’s used to love the support and never wanted to leave the product and the company which owned it, so we used to end up providing Loyal Customers to our Clients.
Where are those days, why customer care now is so pathetic and non-supportive?
So, here are few tips for Service Industry and Product based Companies:
- Work on your product and make sure it is tested and do go through various quality checks.
- Hire resources for your support desk with good understanding and communication.
- Train the Service Desk agents on Product, Policies and escalation matrix.
- Make them understand what Customer means to them.
- Most important, give proper training on Communication and Culture.
If we concentrate on above points, we will see change in our Customer Behavior and have loyal Clientele
The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best, but legendary. – Sam Walton